- The Care of Trees is recognized for a seventh year as a "Company that Cares".
The Center for Companies That Care (CTC) announced its 2011 Honor Roll which includes The Care of Trees as one of 19 organizations named.Honor Roll recipients are located throughout the country and are selected for their deep commitment to elevating the quality of the work environment for their employees and the quality of life for people in the broader community as adhering to the 10 characteristics inherent to a “Company That Cares”. The Honor Roll is selected by an independent panel of veteran professionals in a variety of industries. Each of the organizations named to the Honor Roll sustains a work environment founded on dignity and respect for all employees, develops great leaders, communicates standards of ethics and integrity and participates in initiatives that support the community, among other outstanding attributes."Employees come first," explains Sue Bennett, director of marketing, The Care of Trees. “We’ve increased the development opportunities and benefits offering available to employees. We also have a variety of recognition program to celebrate and encourage employee contributions.”
- The Care of Trees was recognized for a sixth year as a “Company that Cares” from The Center for Companies That Care (CTC), which announced its 2010 Honor Roll.
- Loudoun County Environmental Preservation Award. Awarded to The Care of Trees’ Tree Preservation and Land Restoration Division, together with Kushimoto, Gordon, Dalaya Architects of Rosslyn, Virginia, and AECOM/EDAW Landscape Architects of Alexandria, Virginia, for utilizing innovative tree preservation techniques to protect the critical root zones of numerous mature trees at the future headquarters of the National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation (NRUCFC) in Herndon, Virginia.
- Building With Trees Award by the Arbor Day Foundation in cooperation with the National Association of Home Builders – The Care of Trees and Clark Realty Capital LLC worked together to preserve 76 mature trees and planted an additional 336 trees throughout the residential area of Park Village, a 13-acre family housing plot for military personnel at Fort Belvoir in Virginia. They were recognized for demonstrating exemplary effort in working in concert with nature and protecting the environment.
- The Care of Trees was recognized for a fifth year as a “Company that Cares” from The Center for Companies That Care (CTC), which announced its 2009 Honor Roll.
- Citizens for Conservation’s (CFC) Thank You Award. Awarded to Charlie Keppel, Certified Arborist with The Care of Trees in Barrington, IL. This award is given out annually to individuals who have provided unique and special contributions while providing exceptional service to their organization. Citizens for Conservation’s mission is to save living space for living things through protection, restoration and stewardship of land, conservation of natural resources, and education.
- The Care of Trees was recognized for a fourth year as a “Company that Cares” from The Center for Companies That Care (CTC), which announced its 2008 Honor Roll.
- Community Star Award from the Maine Center in Park Ridge, IL. The Care of Trees was recognized for helping to improve the building’s landscape. Lurvey’s Landscape and Design donated the plants while The Care of Trees donated time and labor to plant the trees.
- The Care of Trees was recognized for a third year as a “Company that Cares” from The Center for Companies That Care (CTC), which announced its 2007 Honor Roll.
- The Care of Trees was recognized for a second year as a “Company that Cares” from The Center for Companies That Care (CTC), which announced its 2006 Honor Roll.
- The Care of Trees was recognized as a “Company that Cares” from The Center for Companies That Care (CTC), which announced its 2005 Honor Roll.
- Merit Award from the Illinois Landscape Contractors Association (ILCA) for Excellence in Landscape for the work performed at Lake Barrington Shores (LBS) in Barrington, Illinois. LBS is a 520 acre condominium community consisting of 1310 individual units, a 35 acre nature preserve and an 18 hole golf course. The Care of Trees, James Martin and Associates, and Clarence Davids & Company worked in collaboration in maintaining this considerable landscape.
- Award of Distinction from the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA) for their Tree Preservation contribution to Ann’s Choice, a retirement community in the suburbs of Philadelphia.
- Award of Excellence from the National Arbor Day Foundation’s Building With Trees Awards competition. The Care of Trees worked together with the Residential Development Group and was recognized for innovative tree preservation at the Tall Oaks Townhomes in Crystal Lake, Illinois.